Karnataka Senior Citizen Card Getting older brings with it certain challenges, whether they involve physical exhaustion, health or just not being as active, enthusiastic or overzealous as you were when you were younger. To combat this and help people keep up with the times, the Social Welfare Department has certain schemes that people are allowed to avail. However, to make it easier for people to avail of these, they have come up with a Senior Citizens Card, which makes the entire process a lot easier.
To get the Karnataka Senior Citizen Card through CoDesk Venture. Customers will go through an authentication mechanism supported by Aadhaar OTP of DigiLocker and Aadhaar eKYC Authentication. Post successful authentication we are able to process the application.
Note: Due to security reason OTP sharing on which contact information will be share in customer email
Karnataka Senior Citizen Card
- Application Fee Rs. 0/-
- Processing & Admin Fee Rs. 93/-
- Paper Laminate Card Fee Rs. 60/-
- Postal Charge Rs. 65/-
What is a Karnataka Senior Citizen Card?
Senior Citizen Card Simply put, the Senior Citizen Card issued by the Social Welfare Department provides a recognized proof of age to elders to facilitate their access to concessions, discounts or priority services offered by Government departments, public companies, private and commercial establishments.
Senior Citizen Card What Are The Benefits?
There are multiple benefits for people interested in getting senior citizens cards. These benefits include convenience, monetary, assistance in many ways and many more.
Senior Citizen Card Some of these benefits include:
- Railway concession for people of 60 years or more & Railways has a separate queue for senior citizens.
- KSRTC & BMTC Transport discount for people who are 60 years or more
- Air travel concession of 50% on the basic fare for people who are 65 years or more.
- 30% discount at multiple private hospitals for a minimum age of 60 years.
- Government hospitals provide free treatment for 60 years old or older.
- Banks provide an additional interest of 0.5% to 60-year-olds.
- Income tax-exempts senior citizens (65 years and above) from paying any tax & Income tax relief is provided to all senior citizens.
- Old age home- admissions are free or at a nominal cost.
Application for Senior Citizen Card
- The applicant must be at least 60 years of age,
- The applicant must be a resident of Karnataka
Documents Required to Apply Senior Citizen Card.
- Aadhaar must linked with Mobile Number to get the OTP.
- Aadhaar should have Father’s / Husband Name and Present Address.
- Blood Group Report.
- One Passport Size Photo.
- Emergency Contact Number